The European Product Design Award™ was created to recognize the efforts of talented international product designers who aim to improve our daily lives with their practical, well-thought-out creations. It rewards the strategic thinking and imagination which goes into making a great product.
The competion welcome both established and up-and-coming designers and design companies to submit their innovative and ground-breaking products to compete for the title Product Designer of the Year.
The judging criteria include the following:
- Innovation — does the product provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing product?
- Aesthetics — form, shape, colour, texture, finishing, the material used, etc.
- Functionality — ease of use, safety, maintenance, etc.
- Ergonomics — the product’s interaction with the user
- Durability — the quality and longevity of the design
- Impact — the benefit delivered to the user and/or society by the product
- Utility — does the product meet the intended purpose and needs of the user?
- Ecological compatibility — potential environmental and/or ecological impact
- The reality of production — how realistic is it, technically and economically, to develop and market this product large-scale?
- Emotional quotient — in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, does the product create a sense of enjoyment, satisfaction?
MODALITÀ DI PARTECIPAZIONE E PREMI
Per partecipare al concorso è necessario seguire le istruzioni che seguono…